Monday, May 18, 2009

Gyu-Kaku

The other day I went to a Japanese BBQ dining restaurant called Gyu-Kaku. I went around 9 p.m. on a Sunday with 3 other friends andthe place closes at 10 p.m., however it was happy hour so everything was half off! Usually when I go to these kinds of restaurants I have a couple of things on my mind. First thing on my mind is wondering if the place is all you can eat or not, second how good of quality is the meat. When I we were seated I found out that the restaurant had an all you can eat lunch special, but it was dinner, and my fanatic restaurant going friend advised me against it but reassured me that I will love everything here. When we were settled I realized that this was my first time going to a restaurant that had a happy hour that only last for one hour, the next thing I notice was that the grill was actually a grill. Charcoal powered and ready to cook not some metal spreadsheet of a pan waiting to be buttered, not that I don’t like those or anything it was just nice seeing something new for a change. When I go to eat, I eat a very large amount of food that would seem impossible to stuff down in one seating. So when the waiter asked us how much we wanted I said 8 plates each, the average being 4 plates of meat a person, unfortunately my friends convinced me to start out with 4. What is interesting about restaurants such as these is that it allows you to cook. The paradox is that you go to a restaurant to cook your own food that you over paid for and yet you keep coming back! I mean buying our own meat and processing it ourselves would be way cheaper than paying $7.99 for like 2 ounces of meat per dish. The fact is people are lazy, and yet they want the feel of hot of the grill food. So we continue to go to these restaurants to man up at the grill in front of our friends, plus the way they prepare the meat is very unique. We basically pay for dinner and showing off to our own friends. The total for that escapade was $130, I had 10 plates of meat and was temporarily full, mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment