Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Buffet

One Monday evening after a long day at school I decided to go get some yogurt at Yogurt Land. I raced there as fast as I could and circled around to find parking, I managed to get a spot near Yogurt Land. I parked in front of a store called Z-Pizza, and I recalled hearing from somewhere, most likely my English 100 class, that it has very good pizza so I decided to drag my friend into the store and try some. I have recently begun to try to eat healthier, because lately I have been a little round on the edges.
I noticed a large amount of people pouring into Yogurt Land and yet Z-Pizza was pretty much empty. So at first I was a little skeptical whether I should even go to Z-pizza or not. But naturally my curiosity got the best of me so I stepped into the small store called Z-pizza. At first sight it wasn’t that impressive, I was with just one friend so I didn’t feel like eating so much so we got a ten inch pizza that was cut up into four slices for a fair amount of money. Along the walls of the store the word organic kept reappearing along with the word fresh. The pizza I got was something bar-b-que, I forgot the actual name but damn, it was pretty good. I suppose the ingredients were fresh, though I could never have known if they were or not. The price was decent, but I was expecting a bigger pizza than that four slice pie I got. But then it hit me, I realize with the use of the word organic, everything seems to be more healthy. And because it is healthier it also means the price will be much greater than say some Walmart brand pizza. The price we pay to buy organic food is getting ridiculous to the point where I just might start growing my own food, though I won’t due to a lack of a green thumb and extreme laziness. I like z-pizza but the organic rip off prices doesn’t really my engines running.

No comments:

Post a Comment